You will be taught by Lydia Paish, who practised as a solicitor in England and Wales for over 20 years.
The course is based around the Lawyer’s English Language Coursebook and TOLES practice papers, covering the law of England and Wales. This will assist those who are learning Legal English in preparation for the TOLES Foundation or Higher exam, but the course is also suitable for those who want to improve their Legal English vocabulary and ability to use it, without taking an exam. In a 15 hour course we will focus on your choice of 5 of the following units:
- the Legal Profession
- the Language of Banking
- the Language of Contract Law
- the Language of Employment Law
- the Language of the Law of Tort
- Understanding Contracts (i)
- the Language of Business Law
- modern Letter Writing
- the Language of Company Law
- understanding Contracts (ii)
We include practical spoken and written exercises.
We provide an optional visit to an Employment Tribunal in Edinburgh or Glasgow, where you can watch a Tribunal hearing and discuss it afterwards.