With our adult English homestays you are treated as one of the family – with total English immersion and plenty of accompanied trips and activities.
You can take 1 to 1 lessons or can share lessons with a friend. You can choose from:
We welcome adults on their own outside of school holiday times, or 2 adults booking together at any time of the year, subject to availability.
We accept up to 3 adults, either booking independently or together. We have one double room, one twin and one single room. We also have a study room.
If you would prefer your English homestay to be on a 1-to-1 basis, that is usually possible – please specify that on your enquiry form.
You are welcome to book a homestay with trips/activities only, although lessons are recommended as they can make a real difference.
Our English language and activities programmes
If you stay for one week, this will include:
- At least 4 trips or activities (chosen in consultation with you). These are accompanied trip and you just buy any entry tickets.
- You will be treated as part of our family, including all family meals, so you can continue to practise your English throughout the day. We aim for a relaxed holiday – you are welcome to help yourself to snacks, to watch our DVDs, to play our family games, etc. You will receive plenty of help in organising any trips you choose to go on independently.
We offer 3 different types of English lessons for adults:
It is also possible to mix and match – so for example you could take lessons in both General English and Business English.
When you fill in our Enquiry Form, please tell us about your level of English, and any aspects of English that you would like to focus on during your stay.
When you arrive for your English homestay, we will give you a short test to check your level of English. Lessons will be adapted to suit your level of English and what you want to focus on.
See the following pages for more information and to book your place:
Trips and activities
Please have a look at the trips described on the Blog/Trips page of this website, and let us know if any of these particularly interest you.
You will also have free time to do as you like with. Options include visiting Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth or Stirling. You could spend a day hill walking, or take part in one of the many outdoor pursuits available at our local hotel – Crieff Hydro. Including 4×4 driving, horse-riding, shooting, and watersports. Or visit the luxurious spa. Crieff Hydro activities can be booked online or by phone. You could play a round of golf, or go fishing on a local river or loch – www.crieffanglingclub.org.uk. If you visit during the 3-week Edinburgh International Festival in August, you will probably want to spend a day at the Festival or its enormous Fringe.
Possible accompanied trips include:
- A Highland Games (dates dependent, but once seen never forgotten)
- A whisky distillery visit, including whisky tasting
- Huntingtower Castle
- Prisoner of war camp
- Stirling Castle
- Climb the Wallace Monument – Stirling’s equivalent of the Eiffel Tower – and learn about the great William Wallace
- Linlithgow Palace
- Drummond Castle Gardens
- The historic Library of Innerpeffray
- Comrie – pretty village with spectacular hill walking and famous waterfalls
- Comrie Croft – to hire mountain bikes and try out the purpose built runs
- Red kite feeding (birds of prey)
- Games evening
- There are sometimes one-off events, e.g. local concerts, ceilidhs (Scottish country dancing evening), films or talks.